Policy isn't achieved without good implementation

Today, I think it is the suitable time to share about how the best leadership should be in Malaysia. It is supposed to be adapted in the education system to ensure the leader that is going to be developed holistically. Based on The Emotional Intelligence founded by Howard Gardner. A human is born in different ability and strength where these are hidden-ability that must be discovered in life. There is seven types of intelligence within a human life. It is the intelligence of kinetic, the intelligence of language, the intelligence of mathematic, the intelligence of science, the intelligence of environment and so on. Basically, these intelligence already exist within human's life that it has only to be discovered slowly. Therefore, it is important for the government to explain this briefly to all teachers in every school around Malaysia to ensure the development of student is holistically. Apparently, the goverment has ordered the school to apply the 21st century education through a new landscape of studies environment which will be able to enhance the quality of a student respectively. However, the implementation with a lack of understanding over this new education system for Malaysian has caused a few problems. This is because the 21st century education system is not only about the arrangement of desk, the decorated board and so on, but it is about how to adapt the new environment of studies as like as how student can learn in their style, through a debate, group discussion, learning does not only what's inside the text book as known as students will explore a wider world. This is supposed to be done by the teachers at school. Hence, if this education system Malaysia has already adapted in daily life. It will make the progression of lesson becomes easier and not too much exam-oriented where it is going to be the catalyst for a student to develop holistically. I believe Malaysia has a perfect education system based on the policies and strategies that have been exposed by the Ministry of Education. Unfortunately, the implementation has caused many difficulties because of a few factors and it must be overcome as soon as possible to ensure Malaysia is able to develop a holistic student and not only exam-oriented. I personally had a few experience how policy is perfect but the implementation is worse. I was a SPM leaver for 2016 session. I am currently waiting for the result to come out and further my studies in IPTA/IPTS. I would like to share a few experiences that I had when I was in secondary school. I was a debater before and I joined debate when I was 15 years old. It was really challenging me and my teammates in order to become a debater because of the depression in surrounding. I mean, there was no enough support and encouragement for us all to carry on this career of a debater. It was confusing myself how this unsupportive surrounding will be able to make myself expands in the career of a debater. I found many teachers disagreed that co-curricular is important in student's life because a student will bring the straight As result in order to enter university and not the certificate of co-curricular activities student did. That made me wonder how this old generation cannot change their mind-setting to see this world wider and not only based on the amount of A on a piece of paper at all. If this old mind-setting kept being told to all students, that will develop a student who only gets A on a piece of paper and low in soft-skill. Then how will Malaysia be able to achieve their policy? How will Malaysia develop a leader day by day if this old mind-setting has not been removed away? I wish I could see most students were able to contribute to the nation in any perspectives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CURRENT MOOD

Mesej seorang ibu di Amerika